Prominent male breasts can cause stress and anxiety. Many men with large breasts feel unable to remove their shirts in public and because of this, they are restricted in their activities. Breast enlargement in men can occur at any age and is often caused by hormones, drugs or weight gain. It’s a common problem and you are not alone.
Male breast reduction surgery will give you the confidence you need to live a normal, unrestricted life.
- Male breast enlargement is corrected by either surgical excision or liposuction.
- Liposuction to the breast mound can significantly reduce the volume of fat here, producing a flattened, more masculine appearance.
- Male breast reduction surgery is the second most popular cosmetic surgery in males.
- Many patients report a significant increase in body confidence and optimism following the procedure.
For all enquiries call us on
0121 446 1755
- An incision is made around the areola in order for the excess fatty tissue to be removed.
- Once the tissue has been removed, the skin is sutured and bandages are applied.
- It may take a few weeks for the swelling and bruising to go down, but once it does, your chest will have a more desirable contour, that will give you confidence in your body.
The procedure usually takes two hours to complete. When you are under the general anaesthetic, we will make a small incision under each nipple in order to remove the excess fat.
The usual risks associated with surgery apply; bleeding, bruising, wound infection, chest infection and DVT, as well as possible complications with the general anaesthetic. However, all of these conditions are unlikely to occur.